Sign in to follow this  
dexer008

Are you still enjoying this game?

dexer008    805

Question in the title,

I've been finding I want to play this game less and less lately due to things like the ftk decks, losing to absolute crap decks (which you know are crap when you check them), and events bringing only 1, maybe 2 new GOOD cards every so often, the incentive to grind them just ins't there. Leveling characters feels like a chore, and there are so many boxes now that saving gems seems moot cause the time you invest a few thousand, 2 more sets come by. Idk, I think just because the way the game yugioh is its getting less enjoyable, I've been feeling the same lately about the TCG as well. I'm not sure what the answer is, but I think being on top of decks that give 0% chance of winning going 1st like the new burn decks and maybe perhaps also re-working the pvp system as well. Being single duel formats, I feel 5 wins in a row is actually quite a feat to accomplish, and something like maybe even just 4 would make it more reasonable. What are your thoughts and experiences lately with the game.

• Upvote 1

+Urthor    10223

idk why you would play top level ranked before Bamboo nerfs, just focus on assembling gems for KC until then and take a mini break

+rei+    34656

goat format is so much fun

• Upvote 4

Faint    5854

5 wins in a row is very difficult to get when bambooburn exists, dont bother with PVP until it gets nerfed

+Gemstone Mine    2596

woodland sprite confirmed limited on the 24th.

errors have been made, not limiting sword, although they did say that they are also strongly considering hitting golden/curse sword

short answer: yes

long answer:

the updates are fun and varied (most of the time, i do wish we had less "X duelist appears randomly in duel world (or gx) duel them to obtain like 1-2 good cards and a bunch of crap" but things like KC cup and the upcoming tag duel event seem hella fun. things like the DD tower, duel a thon meters, and proper "events" like duelist kingdom, battle city, destiny board of doom, welcome to toon world, attack of the rare hunters etc were all fun.

for high level ranked play, i mean if thats your only incentive to play then yeah i see why you would grow tired of it, try to find fun in the lol decks you can build and fun strats to try out. and enjoy the game on the side rather than full time. 

as for the new sets, i agree theyve been pumping them out a little too quickly for my liking recently. but as long as we get compensated with enough gems to pull decent stuff i'm fine, plus its not like they ever go away (they tried that once and backpedalled remember?) theyll always be there for the future if there's specific cards you want. plus more stuff like the selection box can make rare cards from other sets more readily available.