Sign in to follow this  
mmf

Duelistgroundz Seasonal Playoffs - Winter 2018 | Congratulations to MMF & Noxjja!

+mmf    23487

Rules

Spoiler

-Players have a maximum of 3 days to find their opponent and play their round. If a match is not completed, War Council will award the win to the player who appeared more active.

-If there is an uneven number of players in a playoff bracket, byes will always be awarded to the highest seed. If there is an even number of players in a playoff bracket, WR1 pairings will be determined by the top seeds choosing their respective opponents in order of seeding.

-Decklists are locked for all DSP events. Please submit your decklists to a staff member TBD before playing your first round.

Bracket - Goat

Spoiler

Qualified Players

1. MMF

2. Kasper

3. Mascis

4. Jazz

Bracket - Current

Spoiler

Qualified Players

1. Chevalier de Fromage

2. Noxjja

3. rip kid no cry

+mmf    23487

Player Profiles (Goat)

MMF

Name: MMF Cashiola
Hometown: Houston, Texas
Team: Damage Step

List any previous accomplishments you consider worthy of mention (DGz or elsewhere): 
1st Place Autumn 2017 Playoffs

Broke Morphing Jar's Elo record

Who is your greatest dueling influence (mentor/teacher/idol/other)?
Evan Vargas was hugely influential to me from the beginning, while ACP's influence on me grew as time went on. While I identify a lot with some aspects of Allen's play, I like to consider my "style" something close to what Evan would have been like if he had kept up his 2011 level of effort to this day.

Describe your own playstyle, from your own perspective/in your own opinion:
In the traditional "tight-loose-aggressive-conservative" model, I consider myself loose neutral, as opposed to a tight aggressive such as Kris or a tight neutral like Allen. One of the things that sets me apart from the competition in my opinion is direct head-to-head preparation. Last fall, I studied HyperBeam and figured out a specific gameplan against him that led me to 1st place in the season when most others were convinced he was "too lucky to beat" or other silly things like that. Similar study and preparation has earned me strong head-to-heads in the past against players like WGM and Morphing Jar as well.

In your opinion, what are the best decks in Goat Format?

Based on the current totality of theory and practice, I think there is a clear gap between Goat Control, Chaos Control, Empty Jar, and the rest of the field (as in the first three are way ahead of the rest). After that, there are many archetypes which are disadvantaged, yet viable, including but not limited to Flip Control, Soul Control, Chaos Recruiter/Turbo/Return, Beastdown/Zoo, Last Turn, Rescue Cat, Reasoning/Gate, and some versions of Burn.

Kasper

Name: 
Hometown: 
Team: Tha 4HUNNIDS

List any previous accomplishments you consider worthy of mention (DGz or elsewhere): 

Mascis

Name: Lucas Henigan
Hometown: Philadelphia, PA
Team: Dgz / Damage Step

Dgz Goat Torunament 2014 2nd Place

Alpha Omega Memorial Tournament 1st Place

I won a Millennium Puzzle in a Traditional Format tournament

Royal Tributed Kris P for 2 Sorcs and a BLS

I have a few

Max S taught me that everyone sucks at Yu-gi-oh!

Kris P taught me how to best summon sheep.

Alistar Albans taught me how to look cute.

People think Goats is about always playing the best deck but I just play the cards I wanna play and have fun.

Any deck that plays the Dark Magician or Hino-Kagu-Tsuchi

Jazz

Name: Dan Williams
Hometown: New York, NY
Team: Neo Sigurimi

I'm #1 in the Modern Era of GoatRank! Basically I consistently do pretty well in tournaments / warring.

Jonathan LaBounty. We were teammates back in the day. His playstyle made me reconsider and discard the old rules of Yugioh that I used to play by. Yugioh is not a fair game. To win more often than you should (due to the RNG), you must break the rules of the game that everybody has subconsciously agreed to play by and instead play above the game.

Jujitsu. I absorb your initial blows as long as I can, then I turn them against you with double the force. I use solid technical play and deductive reasoning to make above average reads. I play by the rules at times, but at other times, when I know I have to, I will break them. I won't play every game exactly the same way, because no two games are exactly the same. My opponents often struggle to read what I'm doing, because they haven't seen someone play like this before, or at the very least they lack experience. I've been told there are some plays that only I would make, going left at the fork when most people would go right.

Goat Control, Chaos Control, Empty Jar. It is widely regarded as a bit of a triangle (Goat > EJar > Chaos > Goat, etc.), but I disagree, and I think Goat Control is slightly better than even money in the H2H against Chaos Control. I think Goat Control is certainly the hardest deck to play at the highest level, but I think it lets you do things and overcome situations that Chaos Control simply will never allow you to do. For this reason, Goat Control is the top choice for me.

+mmf    23487

Player Profiles (Current)

Chevalier de Fromage

Name:
Hometown:
Team: 

In your opinion, what are the best decks in the TCG right now?

Noxjja

Name:
Hometown:
Team: 

rip kid no cry

Name: Idriss Hosni
Hometown: Marrakech, Morroco
Team: Lemo Pear Gang

Winner on DNF war season while being IP banned, won DB donation contests 6 months donation tournament, Winner of DU war season, Winner of Masquerate war season, Destroyed AZP and Soul on goat format, won 50 moroccan locals in a row, won 50+ lives, won DevPro World Championship etc.. etc.. etc..

has to be gift1 he taught me everything, he's like a master to me !

I'm dono hunter, my hunger drives me to destroy my opponents to get the donations codes because they are my life.

Whatever I play

+mmf    23487

Feature Matches (Goat)

+mmf    23487

Feature Matches (Current)

+mmf    23487

@Jazz

• Thanks 1

+Mascis    4552

gg bro

+mmf    23487

Round 1 begins today and ends at 11:59 PM CST Tuesday, March 27