SageRhapsody

If JC doesn't successfully pick up 420 girls, he is going to die in a lot of different ways Post-Game

4 minutes ago, The Lyncher said:

Hazmah is just salty cause he wanted me to me to literally tell him what to do and i flat out refused. JC made it fairly clear we werent masons two times and even quoted it for Town. 

@hazmah no idea why you keep ignoring the above

And just to go further on this: if you werent sure and jc pointed this out to you twice then why not press him instead of me when you knew i wasnt changing my position on this. 

Yes, me not claiming makes it harder than it has to be but since no one believes my claims or explanations due to my scum game and hitting them over the head bybrepeatedly pointing out that the explanation doesnt make sense is toxic,  thats the play ppl ppted for.

2 minutes ago, hazmah said:

Then just fucking answer the question. I post saying "Are you two neighbours or masons" followed by "I think i've solved the game" (which was obviously in reference to JC being scum). You then proceed to post several times avoiding the question, when it's just a no or yes question, and would've taken you significantly less time to just answer. I'm not going to scour the website looking for each individual word in each individual post, just answer the question. 

You're not my 8 year old nephew. Grow up.

See last post. Answering the question at all ends up leading to toxicity so no im not gonna answer the question. 

»JC.    5323

francis' first post in the neighborhood was "who is the other mason"

part of the reason i dodged the questions was actually because i was super paranoid that Francis was a Lie Detector or that there was some kind of Trigger Word ability that could out me if i used the word 'Mason'

• Haha 1

hazmah    139
2 minutes ago, JC. said:

I didn't have any issues with the game, especially as I could get feedback from Francis unlike the rest of the players in the thread.

But, I'm starting to think Mafia just isn't a very fun game. There is someone frustrated nearly 100% of the time. The games take forever, which means that people who get invested feel worse if they end up losing, especially if they have a plan to win that gets ruined by either their townmates not listening or their scummates outing themselves.

In the end, we're all probably making our lives worse for ourselves and for others by choosing to play. The good parts don't really outweigh the negatives fmpov.

p.p.s. MVP in 3 out of my last 3 games. retiring as champion

I think mafia's fine. I love to see people make ballsy plays etc and I love trying to outsmart people whilst they attempt to outsmart me. It's a fun game, but not when someone is specifically trying to ruin the fun for everyone else. 

SageRhapsody    395

Wow not only is JC the cutest, AND the best at Mafia, he's also a saint. Incredible... we should have strive to be like Mahatma JC.

• Upvote 1

Just now, JC. said:

part of the reason i dodged the questions was actually because i was super paranoid that Francis was a Lie Detector or that there was some kind of Trigger Word ability that could out me if i used the word 'Mason'

No honestly i was just wondering who was the person i was paired with. 

• Upvote 1

SageRhapsody    395
1 minute ago, JC. said:

shit, this should have been haz's role. FUCK

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, hazmah said:

I think mafia's fine. I love to see people make ballsy plays etc and I love trying to outsmart people whilst they attempt to outsmart me. It's a fun game, but not when someone is specifically trying to ruin the fun for everyone else. 

Yeah that was clearly my intent to sabotage the game. Come on man. I told you over a month ago and in game that i wasnt gonna claim under any circumstances and you decided it was too hard to get the info any other way

hazmah    139

You chose to be an ass, which cost town the game and made it no fun. As a result, intentionally or unintentionally: you ruined the game. This is not a debate. This is a fact. 

3 minutes ago, hazmah said:

You chose to be an ass, which cost town the game and made it no fun. As a result, intentionally or unintentionally: you ruined the game. This is not a debate. This is a fact. 

Again, adhering to my policy of not claiming is not being an ass especially when you had multiple notices about it.

And like I said, you had multiple ways to get the info you wanted, like pressing JC, but you chose not use them because it was too much work. 

+rei+    34998

yes all you did was not claim and your current responses have no hostility or antagonism in them at all

• Haha 1

+Gemstone Mine    2731
35 minutes ago, JC. said:

I didn't have any issues with the game, especially as I could get feedback from Francis unlike the rest of the players in the thread.

But, I'm starting to think Mafia just isn't a very fun game. There is someone frustrated nearly 100% of the time. The games take forever, which means that people who get invested feel worse if they end up losing, especially if they have a plan to win that gets ruined by either their townmates not listening or their scummates outing themselves.

In the end, we're all probably making our lives worse for ourselves and for others by choosing to play. The good parts don't really outweigh the negatives fmpov.

p.p.s. MVP in 3 out of my last 3 games. retiring as champion

If you're playing mafia for the end result then you're missing the point.

mafia is literally like a whodunit novel played out in real time. The joy is in trying to solve it or trying to deceive everyone.

+Gemstone Mine    2731

the issue is not with the game, it's with the colossal egos of some of the people on the site that can't accept feedback in after game.

42 minutes ago, rei said:

yes all you did was not claim and your current responses have no hostility or antagonism in them at all

They really don’t. Hazmah mischaracterized what I was doing because he is frustrated. Pointing that out is not hostile or antagonistic. 

i acknowledged both in post game and over a month ago that ppl would likely find this line of play frustrating cause it would force them to work harder in reading me. The tradeoff was that ppl got what they wanted in me not going to get in fights bashing ppl in the head about why they should buy my claim/logic. 

Hazmah is frustrated and wants someone to blame and thats fine, but again, if he wanted that info, he could have pressed jc harder. Instead, he kept pressing me after i made it more than clear i wasnt going to claim. Pointing that out is not hostile or antagonistic. 

BuildTheWalia    301

Fun game! Even if certain events took place that made it tough (and me actually having the worst role) ;)

I hope the next role madness game can be good too

SageRhapsody    395

Anyone have any comments on game design or anything? Other than what was gone through?

Stuff people liked? If people had fun/saw the merits I'd like to do a larger, more detailed role madness game again

+rei+    34998

mvp level flavour 

+Sophocles    3330

giving scum additional vote power is probably not a good idea

being able to make your vote not count might be sort of interesting depending, but getting 2 votes on scum is too strong imo. It just makes mylo happen earlier. You might as well add another scummer at that point to decrease volatility.

»JC.    5323

how did you come up with the plot for this?

why was i the bad guy

what were the different ways i was going to die

SageRhapsody    395

I didn't have time to type out the plot thanks to sudden New Years shit getting in the way, but the general gist of the plot was:

JC, being the supremely kawaii and sugoi anime girl he is, has already nearly amassed his harem of 420 anime girls. Additionally, there's still a bunch of anime girls who still want to join the harem, but there's not enough slots! So JC cracks a genius plan. Start a competition amongst the anime girls. "What kind of husbando would I be if I didn't consider the opinions of all my waifus?"

However, unknown to them, the only reason all the remaining anime girls couldn't join the harem was due to a dastardly duo of male weebs, Jacey, and Golden Drive had disguised themselves as anime girls and were taking the remaining slots! And so, the competition to weed out unworthy anime girls was also unknowningly a way to weed out those intruders. If the girls could get rid of those guys, before they all ended up finishing eachother off, everyone could be party of the harem together! 

or some bullshit like that lmao

• Upvote 1

fuckfiend    2202

wow a lot of prompts to open francis hidden messages r in dis thread he must be MAD AZ FUCK