Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Aaron

Witcher TV Show

Recommended Posts

Aaron    2068

When one of your favourite gaming franchises releases a TV show and you’re on episode 7 of 8 and hoping it gets better, you know its not as good as it can be. 

 

The Witcher series is known for its phenomenal ability to produce episode beautifully orchestrated stories which can standalone is great fables. It has a subtlety in its writing, an effortless main character and a really rustic charm to the entire franchise. 

 

I like the TV show but man is it just lost potential for the simple fact that for some weird reason, they’ve dumped down the entire TV show. 

 

It can be summed up by the first episode. Gerald has a difficult choice to make between two shady sides. AND OH MY GOD DO THEY LET THE VIEWERS KNOW THAT. Geralt mentions ‘the lesser evil’.. then the mage does.. then Geralt does.. then the woman does.. then geralt does.. then at the end of the fucking episode when we all know geralt picked the wrong side potentially.. my man the fucking mage has to spell it out to us and remind us retarded special needs viewers that he had a choice to make (YES U FUCKING MENTIONED IT 20 MINUTE AGO). 

 

Anyway the show is overall visually very pleasing despite them deciding to just cast people that don’t look like the characters in their roles; triss is totally different, yen is now Asian and dandelion is a bit chubby... but whatever. 

 

 

Good show but man it could have been phenomenal. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Aaron said:

When one of your favourite gaming franchises releases a TV show and you’re on episode 7 of 8 and hoping it gets better, you know its not as good as it can be. 

 

The Witcher series is known for its phenomenal ability to produce episode beautifully orchestrated stories which can standalone is great fables. It has a subtlety in its writing, an effortless main character and a really rustic charm to the entire franchise. 

 

I like the TV show but man is it just lost potential for the simple fact that for some weird reason, they’ve dumped down the entire TV show. 

 

It can be summed up by the first episode. Gerald has a difficult choice to make between two shady sides. AND OH MY GOD DO THEY LET THE VIEWERS KNOW THAT. Geralt mentions ‘the lesser evil’.. then the mage does.. then Geralt does.. then the woman does.. then geralt does.. then at the end of the fucking episode when we all know geralt picked the wrong side potentially.. my man the fucking mage has to spell it out to us and remind us retarded special needs viewers that he had a choice to make (YES U FUCKING MENTIONED IT 20 MINUTE AGO). 

 

Anyway the show is overall visually very pleasing despite them deciding to just cast people that don’t look like the characters in their roles; triss is totally different, yen is now Asian and dandelion is a bit chubby... but whatever. 

 

 

Good show but man it could have been phenomenal. 

 

No knowledge of the source material, but I think the biggest drawback was that it just felt like there was no progressive story to it. It just felt like a series of things happening that wasn't building towards the theme you mentioned. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Faint    5975

I have no franchise knowledge but by episode 4 I was thinking "can this guy just die already jesus christ". Well acted, but not great story telling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+Sophocles    3335

I liked it just fine honestly. The production value was pretty nice.

 

It won't appeal to the average person the way GoT did but within the genre it's very good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2020 at 6:44 AM, Sophocles said:

I liked it just fine honestly. The production value was pretty nice.

 

It won't appeal to the average person the way GoT did but within the genre it's very good.

I think this sums it up. Its watchable. Its a nice ride, but thats about it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
»S l o x    5

I'm really hoping they were just being safe and the next season picks up. I honestly enjoyed it quite a bit but I would like for them to do more. The story itself was a little shallow and confusing until you realize it was skipping back and forth in time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Faint    5975
On 29/01/2020 at 5:03 PM, S l o x said:

I'm really hoping they were just being safe and the next season picks up. I honestly enjoyed it quite a bit but I would like for them to do more. The story itself was a little shallow and confusing until you realize it was skipping back and forth in time. 

Slox man how the fuck are you?! Good to see you here!

 

Tbh I thought it was enjoyable and henry was excellent, but yeah huge wasted potential 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×