Farley

What games are you currently playing?

Aaron    2065
1 hour ago, rei said:

ill agree with you on HL1 and E1, i think HL2's only aging issue is the vehicle segments 

The vehicle segments make up a huge part of the game. 

+rei+    35015

... true

Aaron    2065
27 minutes ago, rei said:

... true

the nostalgia jerk over the half life series is real.

playing through especially HL2, it was a solid 1-2 generations ahead of its time. however i really think gaming has just moved on.

compared to other classics which I think have a bit more charm and capture certain gameplay elements which truly nailed it... HL2 for me falls more on the pivotal stepping stone of gaming moment where it set new trends and allows the platform for gaming to become what it is today. 

+rei+    35015

See i think around that time is also where single player FPSes also fell off a cliff so its not like the genre has gone much farther 

Aaron    2065
10 hours ago, rei said:

See i think around that time is also where single player FPSes also fell off a cliff so its not like the genre has gone much farther 

Probably true.

HLA is quite good. Hasn't pushed the genre that far forwards and in regards to VR mechanics, has in no way shape or form matched Boneworks for gameplay and mechanics. 

HLA is a good indication for me that:

1. Valve still have it in game development

2. Valve's time in innovating and pushing the envelope is finished. They're half a generation away from the top tier indie VR developers in mechanics, but so far ahead in presentation. 

Aaron    2065
15 hours ago, rei said:

rei is persona 5 royal worth buying for full price? 

I'm thinking of grabbing it. Not sure when im gonna play as i need to finish the trails series i think.. 

+rei+    35015

Its worth buying for full price if you dont own p5

its still PROBABLY worth buying for full price if you do 

(it's an extra 30 odd hours on top of P5) 

+rei+    35015

a lot of complaints with p5 were fixed too

Aaron    2065
45 minutes ago, rei said:

a lot of complaints with p5 were fixed too

Nice, purchased! 

I am currently playing trails zero but its so fucking slow.. idk if i have the time for another trails game at the moment but cold steel 3 is like the avengers end game of trails game so i kinda have to play the old ones. 

+rei+    35015

yeah ive got the trials games on the horizon but p5r (and ff7r... and alyx) are gonna come first 

+Urthor    10236
3 hours ago, Aaron said:

Nice, purchased! 

I am currently playing trails zero but its so fucking slow.. idk if i have the time for another trails game at the moment but cold steel 3 is like the avengers end game of trails game so i kinda have to play the old ones. 

I'm in this position it sucks.  I wanna skip Azure to get to Rean but I also don't wanna skip Azure to get to Rean

Aaron    2065
10 hours ago, Urthor said:

I'm in this position it sucks.  I wanna skip Azure to get to Rean but I also don't wanna skip Azure to get to Rean

Thank you! At last someone that is in the same position as me!!

I'd play Zero at least. I'm going through it now. Started on hard mode which I semi-regret simply because I kinda wanna power through the game but its actually a VERY good game.

Its like a next gen trails in the sky. Everything looks so beautiful and they still have the same 2D art style which cold steel obviously got rid of . 

I'm going to do zero on hard mode then probably ao on normal mode (because I've heard the translation for that one sucks).

I did play the first 5 mins of Cold steel 3 and OMG the battle system looks INSANE. It made persona 5's look like the most basic childish piece of shit ever. 

Aaron    2065
12 hours ago, rei said:

yeah ive got the trials games on the horizon but p5r (and ff7r... and alyx) are gonna come first 

i dont blame u rei.. trails games take ages and are darastically different. 

Aaron    2065
On 4/4/2020 at 10:45 PM, rei said:

i played the first 5 minutes of persona 5 royal (gotta complete trails zero first)

maybe its just cos its the beginning but..

fucking hell that was something special. 

its like a visual orgasm of colour all over the screen. the dialogue was actually very good and voice acting.. 

+rei+    35015

yeah that keeps up

Aaron    2065
17 hours ago, rei said:

yeah that keeps up

I love the whole 'voice in your ear' thing which they do in the intro.

I really really hope that video games start to adapt this and do it more. They've done it in a few VR games and it just feels so incredible to have what feels like an AI with you in-game. 

I'm gonna rush through trails zero (its good but fucking slow) and get to Persona 5. 

Aaron    2065
On 4/5/2020 at 0:23 AM, Urthor said:

Just to update.

Trails zero is god damn slow. Like way slower than FC. I just feel like the ENTIRE game is a setup for the second (which I believe is confriemed as trails AO has been described as the best in the series). 

Idk what im gonna do as I want to play Persona 5. 

Having a trails backlog of Trails ao/Cold Steel 3/Cold steel 4 is a bit next level.

also I skipped half of the moon doors in trails in the sky third so have to go back and do them as some of them look amazing. 

• Upvote 1