Ocelot

Anime/Manga Recommendations

»Ocelot    2319
Hey Ive seen a lot of anime and have run out of ones to watch. Can you guys recommend a couple of your favs to me please?

have you read the fucking topic

Makku-Kun    51
Hey Ive seen a lot of anime and have run out of ones to watch. Can you guys recommend a couple of your favs to me please?

have you read the fucking topic

fuck you jk no I just did so thanks

Max    430

I guess there's a Bacanno! Volume 4... I'd never seen it but it was playing in the anime hall at Gencon, looked dope boy fresh.

»Ocelot    2319

did you watch the OVAs

also watch the other stuff I recommended if you haven't

»Catalyst    198

i've seen the OVA (if you're referring to episodes 14,15,16)

i have seen everything in this thread that YOU have posted.

other than that, ash made me watch FLCL a while ago (it was great) and I haven't seen BECK, Gungrave, or Haruhi (i don't think I'll ever watch this, ever)

edit: oh yeah saw Akira too a while ago even before I was into anime.

Haruki    9172

I haven't watched Gankutsuou since about 3 years ago. Good anime.

+rei+    34637

I've wanted to make threads and discussions about this for a while, and always there's someone who calls me out and saying it's not relevant. My nostalgia glasses being thick, I just sat back in my corner. Since then I've rexamined it and if you thought this series was anything but outstanding you are simply wrong.

#9 Martian Successor Nadesico

nadesico06.jpg

Lets get this out of the way. Nadesico is funny. Thats part of what it's going for. Don't expect jawdropping wangst and a crushing downer ending. That said the delivery is outstanding and it's firmly aware of the conventions of what it's expected to be if it were more serious and does a great job subverting and destroying them. At face value it just seems like a space opera with giant robots, but it's really so much more.

If you pick up the dub, you may notice they sound very familier. This may of course be because the cast had just finished all working together in another pretty good series. Not to mention Ruri pulls off the deadpan emotionless girl way better than Ayanami does.. largely because Ruri is fucking hilarious.

Breaks the fourth wall, well charaterized, entertaining, and just a good experience. If you like robot series, you'll like this. If you HATE robot series, you may like it more. Was certainly an influence on shows like Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. check out.

Also; avoid the movie like the fucking plague. Despite how awesome the IDEA of Ruri as a main character is, it really fails to deliver.

»infinite    2317

Looking for a slow paced down to earth manga to read; something like a Beck or a Bitter Virgin. Any suggestion?

Maybe I should do a write for Bitter Virgin...

History's strongest disciple kenichi

Can't be bothered doing what seems to be the accepted write up format but w/e. Any way if you like (reasonably) realistic martial arts and big animated tits you might like this anime/manga. The art is sort of finding itself a bit at the beginning of the manga so you need to stick with. I've only seen like 5 or six anime episodes but it seems to be pretty insynch with the manga.

GTO

About a slightly pervy guy who decides to become a school teacher. Way over dramatic situations but not over dramatized. He fixes the students problems and its goodness you need to watch since im making it sound shit.

AIKI

Kinda weird. Unrealistic martial arts probably at the same strength as hsdk but where they are over powered real techniques this shit is just unrealistic. Still good though, and the only non hentai manga I've seen with soft core animated sex scenes.

Might think of more another time.

Kai    25

Bitter virgin was good...I don't remember how I found it though since I don't really read manga online

So what is that gets you interested in an anime? Epic plots? Great Artwork? Great OP/ED? Epic characters? Well this anime has all that and more. It is Fabulous with a capital F. Every week this kept fans on the edge of their seat begging for more. It was so popular in Japan that even a year after the finale fans still wanted more so the production company is planned a special expo just for it (in which hopefully they will give us info about a new season). This show imo had some of the most theatrical and epic moments and memes in anime history. If you like great artwork music cliff hangers and pretty much everything that makes anime so fucking good than I'll leave you with these words, Lelouch Vi Brittania Commands You

Watch

#10 Code Geass

+rei+    34637
So what is that gets you interested in an anime? Epic plots? Great Artwork? Great OP/ED? Epic characters? Well this anime has all that and more. It is Fabulous with a capital F. Every week this kept fans on the edge of their seat begging for more. It was so popular in Japan that even a year after the finale fans still wanted more so the production company is planned a special expo just for it (in which hopefully they will give us info about a new season). This show imo had some of the most theatrical and epic moments and memes in anime history. If you like great artwork music cliff hangers and pretty much everything that makes anime so fucking good than I'll leave you with these words, Lelouch Vi Brittania Commands You

Watch

#10 Code Geass

No.

Bada    150

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

A2570-100.jpg

At first, Takayuki Narumi is befriended by Mitsuki Hayase only because Mitsuki's best friend, Haruka Suzumiya has a crush on him; however since then, Takayuki, his pal Shinji Taira, and Mitsuki have grown to be the best of friends. Then one day, Haruka confesses to Takayuki her love for him. Not wanting to hurt her feelings, Takayuki agrees to go out with her. After a few incidents, their relationship gets intimate, even while Takayuki and Mitsuki begin to realize their feelings for each other. But suddenly, when tragedy strikes, things are never the same for these four friends again.

Bokura ga Ita

A6655-3.jpg

Nanami Takahashi, a 15 year old high school student, falls in love with and begins dating the most popular guy in school, Yano Motoharu. However, their relationship is not easily maintainable. Yano's past, as well as the complex emotions they bring up, make it difficult to be completely honest about how he feels. Caught in the middle are Yuri Yamamoto, the younger sister of Yano's now dead ex-girlfriend, and Takeuchi Masafumi, Yano's best friend. Yuri's past with Yano goes deeper than one might suspect and her feelings run deeper than she portrays in public. Takeuchi cherishes Yano's friendship, but at the same time, he may lose it for someone dear to him. Nanami must search deep inside herself and find her true feelings for Yano while being able to trust and accept Yano's feelings for her as well, deciding if Yano is indeed the one for her or if someone else can provide better solace. Along the way Nanami will get tips from her love infatuated friends, Mizu and Taka.

Peach Girl

A4592-71.jpg

Peach Girl is about an average high school girl, Momo Adachi, who everyone thinks is a beach bunny / slut because of her tanned skin. The actual reason she is so tanned is because she was on the swim team and tans very easily. She likes a boy, Toji, who she heard only likes non-tanned girls. This causes her to question who she is and have low self esteem. She spends a lot of time trying to remake herself into the girl she believes he wants. However, she has a friend, Sae, who likes to go behind Momo's back and make her life terrible, mostly by trying to take Toji away from her. All the while there's another boy, Kairi, who is in love with Momo.

+rei+    34637

1: Use your own images

2: Justify why those series are top tier. We just rejected a perfectly decent series because it wasn't outstanding. This is for series fairly close to MUST-SEE status and are of immaculate quality and you posting three generic-sounding love stories isn't selling us