Welcome to DuelistGroundz
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Evilswarm Ophion

Rabbits Japanese BFF

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Deadborder

Deadborder

V - Sweet Trick

• ~The Organization~
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2362 posts
EDIT: Realized there was in fact a thread on this guy. Then again, that thread is also about 6 months old, so lock this one if you wish.

Posted Image

Evilswarm Ophion
DARK
Rank 4
Dragon/Xyz/Effect
2 Level 4 "lswarm" monsters
While this card is face-up on the field with Xyz Material, neither player can Special Summon Level 5 or higher monsters. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; add 1 "Infestation" Spell or Trap Card from your Deck to your hand.
ATK/2550 DEF/1650

This guy, who we'll be getting in December, is something of the Dolkka substitute of the OCG's Rabbit decks. His continuous effect is pretty killer against decks like Hieratic, Chaos Dragon, and the occasional large monster like Megaloabyss; while its effectiveness in increasingly Xyz-heavy formats has yet to be seen, it is something to watch out for.

As for its second effect, it's more useful than you might think, especially when used with the following card:

Posted Image

Pandemic Contagion Infestation
Quick-Play Spell
This turn, all "lswarm" monsters you control are unaffected by the effects of other Spell and Trap Cards.

GIANT FORBIDDEN LANCE-ITIS YEAH

But how do you enable such a card? Well, we've got a few options:
Posted ImagePosted Image

There's also the combination of Evilswarm Castor and Evilswarm Thunderbird, the latter of which is also a fairly good stun-type pick.

In fact, the majority of OCG "Dino-Rabbit" decks are closer to "Evol-swarm" decks, with the only actual support for Laggia being 3 copies of Sabersaurus.

While it seems pretty entertaining, and solves the consistency problem of current Rabbit decks to a degree, I'm unsure about its viability in a post-ABYR format. Thoughts?

7hhzz7

7hhzz7

Be Your Sound

• »Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15655 posts
looks fun to work with :)

MoncaiZach

MoncaiZach

Brave Heart

• Duelist
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
That fact that Heliotrope is 1950 by itself will make this version see more play. Along with the added utility of Ophion, I feel like it gives Rabbit decks a big push.

Punishment

Punishment

No greater good. No just cause.

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Blocks BLS, Sorc, Gorz, Trago, Fortress, etc for free, too?...I like it :wub:

木 海 緑

木 海 緑

MRRGGLLGLE

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1870 posts
This card makes rabbits chaos dragon matchup about 4000000 times easier lol.

Sanjura

Sanjura

Sack(ed)jura

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5724 posts
fuck this card

Canadian

Canadian

Knight of the Abyss

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
It cannot be Super-Poly'd!

Deadborder

Deadborder

V - Sweet Trick

• ~The Organization~
  • 2362 posts
Oh yeah, to elaborate on "Evol-swarm" and the supposed "solving" of Dino-Rabbit's consistency:

As I said before, Laggia is not exactly the main focus of the deck anymore (in OCG). Originally, I believe Heliotrope was used in a similar manner to Sabersaurus (a beater that fulfilled certain Xyz requirements), but as Evilswarm got a few better options, the deck began to use them as well - not only to support easier Evilswarm Xyz summoning, but to take advantage of the monsters' own useful effects (i.e., Thunderbird).

What this means is that while Rabbit is still amazing in the deck, the deck can still function without over-reliance on it. This only became a bigger selling point with the hits to both Tour Guide and Rabbit himself.

Evilswarm also has the benefit of the somewhat overlooked Evilswarm Salamandra, who can not only become a big beater if needed, but is an Evilswarm and a Dinosaur. Usually, this guy's kinda teched in, though.
Evilswarm Mandragora is also seeing more play as a quick Rank 4 enabler.

And while I'm on this tangent/Evilswarm Rabbit semi-article thing, allow me to bring your attention to this dude.
Posted Image

Photoknight Paladius
LIGHT
Rank 4
Warrior/Xyz/Effect
2 Level 4 LIGHT monsters
Once per turn: You can detach 2 Xyz Materials from this card to target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; its ATK becomes 0, also its effects are negated. When this card is destroyed by your opponent's card (either by battle or by card effect) and sent to your Graveyard: Draw 1 card.
ATK/2000 DEF/1000

This guy is also becoming quite popular in the OCG because, well, it's really good. I've even seen a few decks that have improved upon the former Gagaga Machu Mech OTK using this monster instead.

In any case, I mention this because even Laggia appears to be falling out of favor in some Japanese decks, and a few have tried using this monster to enable Chaos builds (using Raioh because he's good, and switching Sabersaurus for Alexandrite Dragon).

In addition, the use of more LIGHT monsters enables the use of Constellar Omega, a monster similar to Ophion in its ability to become a walking Lance.

Tygo

Tygo

There is only...

• +Ancient Moderoid
  • 11877 posts
I fucks with this deck when it comes out. Looks fun.

Spaceman

Spaceman

Ground Duelist

• Duelist
  • 2477 posts
Every time I play this deck on DNet and see that my opponent is using Heroes or Chaos Dragon, I have an explosion in my pants.

victor

victor

Heavenly Almighty Duelist

• »Retired Staff
  • 6648 posts

Evilswarm also has the benefit of the somewhat overlooked Evilswarm Salamandra, who can not only become a big beater if needed, but is an Evilswarm and a Dinosaur. Usually, this guy's kinda teched in, though.

I have always thought of Salamandra as being better in Chaos Dragons.

Being a Dinosaur, it is easily searchable by Fossil Dig.

It's a DARK Bazoo that gives you a way to modulate the graveyard, banish Eclipse Wyvern, add DAD.

DAD wins games and this sets everything up.

What puzzles me is why OCGers don't play Chaos Dragons at all, when they can drop DAD at will.

Deadborder

Deadborder

V - Sweet Trick

• ~The Organization~
  • 2362 posts
I kinda get the feeling it may be because of the prevalence of Ophion to begin with.

7hhzz7

7hhzz7

Be Your Sound

• »Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15655 posts

It's a DARK Bazoo that gives you a way to modulate the graveyard, banish Eclipse Wyvern, add DAD.

What puzzles me is why OCGers don't play Chaos Dragons at all, when they can drop DAD at will.

oh shit @_@

.ben.

.ben.

helmet

• +Ancient Moderoid
  • 10266 posts
1950 vanilla is clutch. I have excite. Eff you stupid worthless Kabazauls.

Sanjura

Sanjura

Sack(ed)jura

• Duelist
  • 5724 posts
The fact that you can make Dolkka with Salamandra is hot too, fuck Kabazauls indeed.

Dawgy

Dawgy

"Yours forever more."

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1441 posts

Or Rabbit => Double Heliolope => Lavalval Chain => Put DAD on top of your deck for next turn... With two DARKs in grave.

Inari

Inari

Reppin' the no avy / no sig nahmeen

• Duelist
  • 7021 posts
Tl;dr: Invest in DT/HA07.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users