Welcome to DuelistGroundz
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

YCS Austin Wind-Up

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

NorCal

NorCal

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Monster: 15

Wind-Up Magician

Wind-Up Rat

Wind-Up Rat

Wind-Up Rat

Wind-Up Rabbit

Wind-Up Rabbit

Wind-Up Rabbit

Wind-Up Shark

Wind-Up Shark

Wind-Up Shark

Wind-Up Warrior

Wind-Up Warrior

Tour Guide from the Underworld

Tour Guide from the Underworld

Cardcar D

Spell: 13

Wind-Up Factory

Wind-Up Factory

Wind-Up Factory

Mystical Space Typhoon

Mystical Space Typhoon

Mystical Space Typhoon

Pot of Duality

Pot of Duality

Dark Hole

Heavy Storm

Monster Reborn

Pot of Avarice

Fire Formation - Tenki

Trap: 12

Solemn Warning

Solemn Judgment

Bottomless Trap Hole

Bottomless Trap Hole

Torrential Tribute

Torrential Tribute

Mirror Force

Mirror Force

Dimensional Prison

Dimensional Prison

Fiendish Chain

Fiendish Chain

Side: 15

Dust Tornado

Dust Tornado

Dimensional Fissure

Dimensional Fissure

Dimensional Fissure

Level Limit - Area B

Level Limit - Area B

Level Limit - Area B

Banisher of Radiance

Banisher of Radiance

Banisher of Radiance

Snowman Eater

Snowman Eater

Soul Taker

Soul Taker

Extra Deck: 15

Tiras, Keeper of the Genesis

Number 61: Volcasaurus

Number 16: Shock Master

Number 50: Blackship of Corn

Photon Papilloperative

Diamond Dire Wolf

Mastroke the Symphony Djinn

Abyss Dweller

Number 30: Acid Golem of Destruction

Wind-Up Zenmaines

Number 17: Leviathan Dragon

Leviair the Sea Dragon

Temtempo the Percussion Djinn

M-X-Saber Invoker

Gia Dragon, the Thunder Charger

W5bFiy9.png

puresaltwater

puresaltwater

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

You actually have my build pretty much except I use 2 Cardcar and 1 Warrior...has that extra Invoker target been helpful for you?

NorCal

NorCal

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

You actually have my build pretty much except I use 2 Cardcar and 1 Warrior...has that extra Invoker target been helpful for you?

Yes, the extra target has helped. Its really important to pull that invoker play off so I decided to run 2 just in case I draw 1. Occasionally I wish I can activate Invoker effect again and the second one is in there for that reason as well. Cardcar D I realize I only want to open with it and if i don't, I hate to draw it late game or mid game so by running one I shouldn't have to worry about drawing to many of them or even at all mid game.

brotacular7

brotacular7

wurmy shut up n duel

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2232 posts

ummm how is making an invoker play 'really important'? its not. i'd rather not give myself double the chance to dead-draw warrior, i already draw it enough at one. a 3rd fiendish chain, 2nd tenki, or even 2nd ccd would be better in the spot :l

Mark23

Mark23

#Legooo

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts
By running 2 warrior you're uping the chances that you're going to open with him compared to running just 1. Every time I play the deck I hate when I draw him, idk I couldn't see myself running two of him over a Cardcar or another defensive trap. The invoker play isn't really "important" it just gives you extra burst. 1 Warrior is enough imo =s

Also curious on why no Soul of Silvermountain?

G Λ r Ω N

G Λ r Ω N

Grayson

• Banned From Trading
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3990 posts

ummm how is making an invoker play 'really important'? its not. i'd rather not give myself double the chance to dead-draw warrior, i already draw it enough at one. a 3rd fiendish chain, 2nd tenki, or even 2nd ccd would be better in the spot :l

Some people have convinced themselves that Invoker=Zenmaity.

Mark23

Mark23

#Legooo

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

That just sounds retarded =| but people have 

NorCal

NorCal

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

By running 2 warrior you're uping the chances that you're going to open with him compared to running just 1. Every time I play the deck I hate when I draw him, idk I couldn't see myself running two of him over a Cardcar or another defensive trap. The invoker play isn't really "important" it just gives you extra burst. 1 Warrior is enough imo =s

Also curious on why no Soul of Silvermountain?

You have a point about Soul of Silvermountain. Well I tried running 1 warrior and when I drew the only warrior I felt I killed my potential chance of Invoker. That play may not be the only important play but I assure you having that window open sure does grant you a large potential for game or strong field presence . Plus I never had a problem of drawing 1 in game play, I understand it's not the best of cards to draw but I have managed.

NorCal

NorCal

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

That just sounds retarded =| but people have 

Well what I mean by important is that it is a great option to have. I know Invoker is not the new Zenmaity trust me. I was already playing 2 Cardcar D but I took 1 out because 2 is not needed.  3rd Fiendish Chain is overkill I have already tried it. 2 Tenki's maybe but I'm not sure.

I am having trouble with the extra deck though.

A Loli

A Loli

my little sister can't be this based!

• Essex
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

I personally think the 2nd Warrior is great - considering you're running a lot of backrow to protect your Invoker and sometimes you could potentially make another rank4/5 thanks to said Invoker. While Warrior is a pretty bad draw, I think in this case the benefits outweigh the cons.

But then again I don't like Wind-Ups this format nor do I think they're competent - especially when they had enough trouble last format (despite managing to come out on top with their explosive plays). gl in Austin though.

neptune

neptune

golden rubbers in these denim pockets

• »Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5783 posts

Whoa whoa whoa it obviously isn't, but making rank 4-5 plays are extremely good in this deck imo.

I honestly like the option of being able to resolve Invoker more than once.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users