Welcome to DuelistGroundz
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Chaos Dragon January 2014

Chaos Dragon

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

MelvinEncarnacion

MelvinEncarnacion

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Back again but with a little tweaks in my deck. Same build, but added another TGU and Chaos Sorc. Still debating on the whether I like Crimson Blader or Scrap Dragon for my Level 8 synchro. Also swapped Queen Dragon Djinn for a Gagaga Cowboy. Hopefully, my deck will be a contender in upcoming events I attend. 

FZwNgF1.png

Main Deck: 42

Monsters: 35

3x Lightpulsar Dragon

2x Darkflare Dragon

1x Dark Armed Dragon

1x Eclipse Dragon

1x Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon

1x Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning

2x Chaos Sorcerer

2x Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter 

1x Ehren, Lightsworn Monk 

3x Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress

2x White Dragon Wyverburster

2x Black Dragon Collapserpent

3x Tour Guide of the Underworld

1x Night Assailant

2x Effect Veiler

2x Maxx "C"

2x Tragoedia

1x Gorz the Emissary of Darkness 

2x Card Trooper

1x Honest

Spells: 7

1x Allure of Darkness

1x Charge of the Light Brigade

1x Dark Hole

2x Forbidden Lance

2x Solar Recharge

Extra Deck: 15

1x Mechquipped Angineer

1x Leviair the Sea Dragon

1x Number 17: Leviathan Dragon

1x Gagaga Cowboy

1x Abyss Dweller

1x Starliege Paladynamo

1x Maestroke the Symphony Djinn

1x Shark Fortress

1x Number 61: Volcasaurus

1x Inzektor Exa-Beetle

1x Photon Strike Bounzer

1x Constellar Ptolemy M7

1x Gaia Dragon, the Thunder Charger

1x Scrap Dragon

1x Black Rose Dragon

Side: 15

2x Genex Ally Duradark

2x Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer

1x Thunder King Rai-Oh

1x XYZ Encore

2x Smashing Ground

3x Mystical Space Typhoon

2x Royal Decree

2x Dust Tornado

The side deck may vary depending on how my results are in tournaments. Overall, it is pretty standard. Feedback and suggestions are always welcome. Thanks in advance.

Doodlebug

Doodlebug

Speak of the Deviljho

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1075 posts

- Starliege Paladynamo

+ Queen Dragun Djinn

While Paladynamo certainly has merits and deserves the extra deck space, I feel that Dragun Djinn can be far more versatile and more useful in the long run.  Seeing how she's a Dragon-type for Darkness Metal Dragon, but she can create some interesting scenarios with Lightpulsar Dragon.

Ecstacy.

Ecstacy.

Cancer.

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

You essentially need Queen because with the correct hand you can pretty much end up with a field of:

Ptolemy, Queen, and Lightpulsar.

She opens up a lot of plays for your deck and in the long run will win more games than Starliege.

(GON) blitzkrieg

(GON) blitzkrieg

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

I really think you should try dragon shrine. Even though you don't run normal monsters in this build. It's amazing for dumping a eclipse first turn and dropping baby dark. It's also good for spot on graveyard management. 

X88B8

X88B8

Shapes and colors the likes of which I've never seen.

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

You should never run a deck with a lightsworn engine with more than 40 cards. The deck needs to be as consistent as possible. I would probably drop the 2 lances since a lot of your cards either replace themselves when they're destroyed or otherwise give you some sort of advantage, so you don't really need to be afraid of a lot of the common traps.

UhnoHaplessAttack

UhnoHaplessAttack

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

I would like to say thank you, Melvin. I took your list a made a few modifications of my own. I just thought I'd let you see what you spawned. XhJ0yZN.png

1 BLS

2 Chaos Sorc

1 RMDD

1 DAD

3 Lightpulsar

3 Darkflare

1 Eclipse Wyvern

2 White Dragon Wyverburster

2 Black Dragon Collapserpent

3 TGU

1 Night Ass

3 Ryko

3 Lyla

3 Plague

1 Gorz

2 Trag

1 Hole

1 Moon

1 Charge

2 Recharge

3 Dragon Shrine

1 Zenmaines

1 Leviair

1 Acid Golemn

1 Gagaga Cowboy

1 Abyss Dweller

1 Maestroke

1 Queen Dragun Djinn

1 Strike Bounzer

1 Atum 

1 Exa-beetle

1 Stardust

1 Scrap dragon

1 Doom dragon

1 Void ogre dragon

1 Blacked-wing dragon

A few thoughts if I may... But first. Blitzkrieg, I took your idea and threw in the Shrine. So perfect. DAD was live all day.

-I am not entirely sold on 3 plague spreader yet, although I am completely in love with 2 chaos sorc and 3 tour guide.

-Between 3 ryko, 3 lyla and 2 recharge and 1 charge I don't have ANY problem what-so-ever special summoning a monster.

-Wyverbuster and Collapserpent are just golden in this deck, I must add. Summoning one of the two in conjunction with lyla and/or eclipse wyvern Queen Dragun Djinn just made plays for days.

-When I did get plague's into the graveyard, blowing the field up with monsters and going 'ape shit' was easy, doom dragon and void ogre just shat on anything and everything. One of my very last games I got them both out and recieved "Your opponet has left" Lol.

I don't agree with my extra deck though my synchro's are to situational and there are a few rank 6s that would prove more useful, and I know you I will get alot of other people saying they don't either, but let me be the first to say... Having no hand in Chaos Dragons is just as easy as not having a hand in infernities. So I may change it and I may not.

Again I would love to say thank you Melvin for sparking this interest in me. I had alot of fun with this version of the deck. I hope you have fun with yours.

The Main Event

The Main Event

You're just the opening act

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

I would like to say thank you, Melvin. I took your list a made a few modifications of my own. I just thought I'd let you see what you spawned. XhJ0yZN.png

1 BLS

2 Chaos Sorc

1 RMDD

1 DAD

3 Lightpulsar

3 Darkflare

1 Eclipse Wyvern

2 White Dragon Wyverburster

2 Black Dragon Collapserpent

3 TGU

1 Night Ass

3 Ryko

3 Lyla

3 Plague

1 Gorz

2 Trag

1 Hole

1 Moon

1 Charge

2 Recharge

3 Dragon Shrine

1 Zenmaines

1 Leviair

1 Acid Golemn

1 Gagaga Cowboy

1 Abyss Dweller

1 Maestroke

1 Queen Dragun Djinn

1 Strike Bounzer

1 Atum 

1 Exa-beetle

1 Stardust

1 Scrap dragon

1 Doom dragon

1 Void ogre dragon

1 Blacked-wing dragon

A few thoughts if I may... But first. Blitzkrieg, I took your idea and threw in the Shrine. So perfect. DAD was live all day.

-I am not entirely sold on 3 plague spreader yet, although I am completely in love with 2 chaos sorc and 3 tour guide.

-Between 3 ryko, 3 lyla and 2 recharge and 1 charge I don't have ANY problem what-so-ever special summoning a monster.

-Wyverbuster and Collapserpent are just golden in this deck, I must add. Summoning one of the two in conjunction with lyla and/or eclipse wyvern Queen Dragun Djinn just made plays for days.

-When I did get plague's into the graveyard, blowing the field up with monsters and going 'ape shit' was easy, doom dragon and void ogre just shat on anything and everything. One of my very last games I got them both out and recieved "Your opponet has left" Lol.

I don't agree with my extra deck though my synchro's are to situational and there are a few rank 6s that would prove more useful, and I know you I will get alot of other people saying they don't either, but let me be the first to say... Having no hand in Chaos Dragons is just as easy as not having a hand in infernities. So I may change it and I may not.

Again I would love to say thank you Melvin for sparking this interest in me. I had alot of fun with this version of the deck. I hope you have fun with yours.

Never missed Card Trooper?

UhnoHaplessAttack

UhnoHaplessAttack

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

To be completely honest, not at all. In fact i'm about to try replacing the plague's w/ Dragon Soul's. 

I can't stress how perfect the milling is right now. 

UhnoHaplessAttack

UhnoHaplessAttack

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

GGOfP2G.pngWith the dragon soul's. Still looks really solid imho. MST baits all day plus for years.

Lancer

Lancer

Brave Heart

• Duelist
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

GGOfP2G.pngWith the dragon soul's. Still looks really solid imho. MST baits all day plus for years.

If you aren't dumping a Vanilla Dragon, Foolish Burial is a lot better than Dragon's Shrine.

UhnoHaplessAttack

UhnoHaplessAttack

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

I appriciate your input. But I do disagree with you. Where Foolish is a 1 of, and can bury anything into the graveyard. You do not want to bury just anything into the grave. About the only thing you want to even mentally put in your graveyard is dragons. Lightpulsar can ss himself, can be brought out by red-eyes, or emergency banish fodder. Eclipse wyvern is an obvious, you could put red-eyes in, potentially Hole'ing a problematic field thus creating your own soft lock. But those are just options. Shrine gives you spot on graveyard control. I feel it is better.

Strife

Strife

Ground Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2075 posts

No, seriously, there is no way you can say 3 Shrine is better than 2 Shrine, 1 Foolish if you are not running any Normal Dragons in your deck. Sure its pretty unlikely that you'll ever want to dump a non-Dragon to the grave, but hey I've had situations come up in similar decks where play Foolish to then M7 back something like BLS wins the game. That and you know you can actually play Foolish and Shrine on the same turn instead of having to wait to play the second Shrine. However, that being said I don't even know why you'd want that many Shrine/Foolish in here.

BasedNinja

BasedNinja

Knight of the Abyss

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

why would you run 3 shrines and not 2 shrines, 1 foolish? You can dump plague with foolish.

UhnoHaplessAttack

UhnoHaplessAttack

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

I see and understand what you are saying, but I also cannot agree you. You shouldn't need the effect of Shrine more than once per turn. Shrine gives faster access to Eclipse in grave, Lightpulsar in grave, and control of darks in my grave for DAD. I really enjoy 3 shrine. It has worked wonders for me. 

WNDRazoR87

WNDRazoR87

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

2f91faed64720057c6948a521d0bd26df1a6706b

UhnoHaplessAttack

UhnoHaplessAttack

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

tumblr_m99hb5ApIy1qc7mh1.jpg

WNDRazoR87

WNDRazoR87

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Sanjura

Sanjura

Sack(ed)jura

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5770 posts

Lumina, Raiden, and Malicious pleaaaasseeeee well maybe not Mali but Lumina + Raiden is the bees knees.

Sanjura

Sanjura

Sack(ed)jura

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5770 posts

>no lavalval chain

:|

Ultimate Buffalo

Ultimate Buffalo

Ground Duelist

• Duelist
  • 4518 posts

Tri-Horned-Dragon_8351.jpg

shrine and pulsar target, but of course there are better things but

also it is a Tri horned dragon <3

ribis2005

ribis2005

exodia master

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Shrine seems decent enough. not a fan of lance or erhen or honest in here . poss maxing out of effect/maxx c is a good idea even adding battle fader or another ryko is a good idea. once raiden/maiden come out you can play lightsworn chaos dragons with jd and the small dragons so on.

Gojira

Gojira

First Kill

• Duelist
  • 2729 posts
You shouldn't be running shrine when foolish burial isn't good enough. A shrine build would probably want to forgo lightsworns.

wiήd

wiήd

Irrelevant Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

holy fuck is this guy serious or

How has Honest been?

ribis2005

ribis2005

exodia master

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

how does honest help u here on the off chance u draw it ??? then it just becomes a romove target??? at least put something else in more useful

MelvinEncarnacion

MelvinEncarnacion

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Thanks for everyone's suggestions and I have made a few changes again.

• Add another XYZ Encore in the side. 
  • Change Ehren back to a Ryko
  • Put Queen Dragon back in the Extra
  • Also cut out my lances

Honest has done a lot of work for the times I had drawn in. It's an out to any card that is difficult to get over. It surprises your opponent. As well as protecting the Pulsar when you have REDMD on the field with a Pulsar. 

For another dilemma, I'm in. 

I always wondered, what is better for my side?

Use Royal Decree to stun my opponent's backrow

Or

Use Dust Tornado to get rid of my opponent's backrow. 

Or I can stick with both.

Ecstacy.

Ecstacy.

Cancer.

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

I see and understand what you are saying, but I also cannot agree you. You shouldn't need the effect of Shrine more than once per turn. Shrine gives faster access to Eclipse in grave, Lightpulsar in grave, and control of darks in my grave for DAD. I really enjoy 3 shrine. It has worked wonders for me. 

is this guy fucking serious. regardless, those cards are fucking -1s but at least foolish burial is a better -1.

>it works for me

>blindly ignores the fact that foolish is the same thing as shrine in normal-less builds but better

i wouldn't even run shrine since it's honestly dead once you use your first because your only viable target is freaking eclipse but if you run it, don't the third over freaking foolish when it's clearly better.

Squiddy

Squiddy

J́ͫ̒͊ͥ̾̽̽͑̚

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1404 posts

i dont get it

foolish does exactly wut shrine does but u can dump any thing and use with shrine in same turn y r u playing shrine over it with no normals

MKDImmortal

MKDImmortal

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Honest might aswell be a -1

What do CHAOS DRAGONS need help running over exactly? a star eater? Then there's those times where you will have tgu darkflare honest etc and you'll think..well, This could have been something actually useable. Like a recharge target, something that mills etc.

Loukas Troll

Loukas Troll

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
Honest is always a +0 except if you use it to get over colossal or something which is just plain stupid On that list with the 3 plague, I see 3 plague, which by itself is not optimal in chaos dragons and I see the minis and think, yeah at least he cn sync Plague and a mini and get a search and then I look at the extra and see no Lvl 6 Synchros... yeah

Shiz0ka

Shiz0ka

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

I've been testing and found that it has its pros and cons , the card gives you cheap wins with BLS and you can do shenanigans with TGU Leviair plays, and the card is pretty good against bujingi crane.
the big con is that it isn't a play enabler , as someone previously mentioned you normally shouldn't struggle to run over anything that can't already be dealt with , so i cut it for a thunder king and found TKRO is definitely better.

MKDImmortal

MKDImmortal

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

I've been playing with 0 plagues, no honest, no shrines or foolish and have been doing just fine. Raiden and black/white dragons fuel the deck easily. Only problem i've had is with the god awful DN shuffler that will magically give you 5 chaos monsters opening hand and a spell.

MelvinEncarnacion

MelvinEncarnacion

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

nE5a9G7.png

This is my current build as of right now. I'm trying to fit mst's in the main cause I find it difficult to get around a face up Skill Drain but I don't think it's neccessary. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Chaos Dragon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users